Thursday, May 20, 2010

New External HDD

When Camera's Megapixel increases, Storage also increases.
My old External HDD with capacity of 320GB have been insufficient for my storage needs. Time to upgrade.
Yesterday went shopping for new HDD and end up with Toshiba's Store Art 640GB. (Link)
At first I wanted to buy a 500GB HDD, but then I was attracted by the 1TB HDD which cost Dh699 (RM620) - way too expensive for my budget. In the end I settled with something best of both worlds - middle of both capacity and price. By the way, the 640GB costs Dh399 (RM350).

There is also another reason for my upgrade, Furby's Dell Inspiron 1420 has been dead due to HDD bad sector for some time. I planned to plug in my 320GB HDD into her Dell and reinstall everything. This is my weekend's project. Wish me luck ;)

Toshiba Store Art's info from the website:

STOR.E ART, 2.5"


Protect your data with style: Toshiba Store Art 2.5'' hard disk drives offer an original design and guarantee a reliable protection, thanks to the shock and password protection, scratch resistant plastic casing and pre-installed security system.

Main Features

  • 6.4 cm / 2.5" mobile HDD with up to 640GB
  • Smooth and comfortable to the touch: Sleek and glossy finish
  • USB powered
  • USB 2.0 HiSpeed
  • Weight around 155g
  • NTI BackupNow EZ Software


Toshiba Store Art 640GB
D90 35mm f/2 at 1/20sec f/4 ISO400

p.s. I don't know if the shock protection is real or not cause the casing seems pretty normal compared to it's more sophisticated brother; the Store Secured (Link)

No comments:

Post a Comment