Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Big Event

4th June 2010
Westin Resort & SPA, Langkawi

I was wide awake early in the morning. Despite lying on the extra comfortable bed and wonderful atmosphere at Westin, I just could not put myself to slumber. In my heart, I know why I was not able to. It was not just happening on that particular day, it had been a occurring since the last few days.

I made the decision to wake up, brushed my teeth and changed. Looking at the bed, Furby was still deep in slumber. Gently brushed her hair and pecked her forehead, enough to wake her up a little, I told her that I am going out for a walk in the hotel area and take a few shots with my camera. But in my mind I know there was something more than that I need to do.

I walked to the hotel Reception, there was this petite sized lady named Ms. Azlina there talking to some hotel guest. I waited for them to finish their business. When my turn came, I talked to Azlina and told her my requests and arrangements that required the Westin's staffs help. The conversation took about 15 - 30 minutes, several other staffs came and go, some of them got really exited, some gave me a confident smile enough to entrust them with my quest. I left the Reception and headed to the beach and pool. Took a few shots and returned to my room.

Furby is still sleeping when I entered the room. Woke her up and ask her to get herself ready as we are leaving for breakfast and internet session at nearby cafes. Westin does not provide free internet and we opt for free internet hot spots at Starbucks, Big Apple and Kenny Roggers. It was according to my plans perfectly for us to leave the hotel in order for the arrangements to take place during our absent.

We spent around 2 hours and returned to the hotel. I handed Furby the room key and she entered the room with me following closely at the back. Our room was cleaned by the hotel's Housekeeping with something extra that I had requested. Furby was surprised! I could hear her repeating "Oh my god!" and "Why is our room decorated?". Our bed was decorated nicely with rose petals. A bottle of champagne was chilled in an ice bucket. Our room's bathtub is filled with pure white bubble and speck of rose petals. While she was in the mid of confusion, I snuck out a bouquet of roses from the cupboard and approach her from behind. She turned around and looked at me in pure confusion. I lead her to the bed and showed her something is in the middle of our bed. Covered among rose petals. A tiny red box waiting for someone to discover. I took the red box get on knees and opened the tiny red box to reveal its content to Furby.

"Will you marry me?" I asked Furby.

She was in shock, bedazzled and thinking if what she saw in front of her eyes were true. Slowly I saw tears rolling down her cheek. She took some moments to calm down and analyze. Still on my knees my heart was beating crazily not knowing how will she respond.

"I will look after you for the rest of time and love you forever and ever" I said while looking into her eyes. "Will you marry me?" I asked again. At this point of time, my mind was totally blank just waiting for her respond.

Furby's eyes was all watery and she nodded. My heart was filled with joy and I was so happy to see her simple gesture that means a world to me. I lifted the ring and slowly put it on to her finger. (I made a mistake to put the ring to her ring finger instead of her middle finger :-p) Never in my life I dreamed me putting an engagement ring to my beloved woman. I was really a heart-stopping time of my life.
I let Furby sit on the couch to let her relax herself after the mind blowing event that just shocked her. Then I lift up the bottle of Moet & Chandon and pop it open to celebrate our engagement. Must be the sweetest champagne I have ever tasted. ^^

I Love You Furby :-)

The organizers. Super helpful staffs of Westin, Langkawi who executed my proposal plan wonderfully. Many thanks to them especially to Miss Azlina of the Reception.
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/50sec, f/2, ISO 400

Flower petal decorated bed with a little surprise in the middle
D90 12-24mm f/4 lens @ 1/60sec, f/4, ISO 200, Flash fired

Heart and something extra
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/2.8, ISO 200, Flash fired

Flower, champagne and ring
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/2.8, ISO 200, Flash fired

Solitaire ring waiting for her destined owner
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/2.8, ISO 200, Flash fired

Moet & Chandon to celebrate us
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/2.8, ISO 200, Flash fired

Champagne champagne ^^
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/2.8, ISO 200, Flash fired

Modest complimentary gift from Westin
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/5.6, ISO 200, Flash fired

More flowers ^^
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/60sec, f/5.6, ISO 200, Flash fired

View of flower petal bubble bath from the bedroom
D90 12-24mm f/4 lens @ 1/15sec, f/4, ISO 250

So nice
D90 12-24mm f/4 lens @ 1/25sec, f/4, ISO 200

My beautiful fiancee ^^ (Although Furby keeps complaining that this two picture of her looks ugly >"< )
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/25sec, f/2, ISO 360

She accepted my proposal ^^ I Love You Furby
D90 35mm f/2 lens @ 1/15sec, f/2, ISO 640

Here I would like to thank everyone who helped me for making my proposal a success. Especially my sister Emily who gave me lots of courage and helped me with my ring hunting, Ms. Azlina of Westin for arranging everything so perfectly  as I planned on my behalf and my friends and family who gave me their support and wishes. Thank you :-)

14 comments:

  1. bro,congratulation and welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations bro !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, hehehe...
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CH: yah finally.... hehehe. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats T.T it was such a touching moment huh... pls treat my girl friend nice aft u decided to hold her hands till de end -- 执子之手,与子皆老。 u 2 have my blessings all de time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks cherry ^^ your chinese very chim. but i'll keep your advice in mind ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats. so touching n well planning. haha..

    Will get furby to sit down and tell us again when she back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. tynn: thanks ^^ yaya... listen her side of the story also is fun :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. yoyoyoo.. congratulation~!! your story was very very touching.. i can feel the happiness eh.. can imagine tat special moment..ROMANTIC with LOVE~~!! yoyo.. bro, u are good eh.. bravo, and of course keep your promised wor..

    "I will look after you for the rest of time and love you forever and ever.."...

    yoyoyoyo.. a very loving, touching and impressed LOVE promised..

    congratulation to EDDY & FURBY...

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks sioru! you sounded more happy than me :D hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. aiyoyo... definitely happy lol..and excited too~~!! your story so nice... and is real story~~!! and of course your fiancee is my beloved gal fren eh, feel happy for her !~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So romantic & touching! Congratulation to you & Furby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sioru: okok... thanks for your support ^^
    agnes: thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete